Air National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) AIRCRAFT PNEUDRAULIC SYSTEMS MECHANIC (D1367P01) in Carolina, Puerto Rico
PUERTO RICO NATIONAL GUARD AIR TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Duty Location: 156th Airlift Wing Maintenance Squadron, MXMCP, Muñiz ANGB, Carolina, PR
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This position require military membership in the Puerto Rico Air National Guard (PRANG). If you are not a military member of the PRANG (i.e. member of the PR Army NG, civilian, active duty Airman, prior service, Airman member from another state, reservist, IRR, State Guard, etc.), you must contact the ANG Recruiting and Retention Superintendent (RRS) Office at (787) 529-2094 or (787) 529-6740 to request the PRANG Military Basic Requirements (MBR) Certification. Instructions to request such certification are available at https://www.pr.ngb.army.mil/hro/. If the MBR certification is not submitted, your application will not be screened.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Area 1 = Permanent technicians Enlisted members currently employed in the Puerto Rico Air National Guard.
Area 2 = Enlisted members of the Puerto Rico Air National Guard and personnel that meet all requirements to become an Airman in the Puerto Rico Air National Guard. (This position requires Air National Guard membership).
First round consideration will be given to Area 1 Candidates* (Area 2 Candidates will be screened only in the event that there are no qualified or recommended Area 1 Candidates).*
To prevent a grade inversion, military rank allowed for this position will be determined at the final evaluation of the vacancy announcement considering the military rank of the supervisor.
Acceptance of any military technician position may cause the termination of entitlements and eligibility for all military bonuses and student loan repayments. For further information you must contact the appropriate military Education Office.
Learn more about this agency
As a AIRCRAFT PNEUDRAULIC SYSTEMS MECHANIC (D1367P01), WU-8268-10, you will perform on- and/or off-equipment maintenance on assigned aircraft pneudraulic systems, components and related aerospace ground equipment.
Required to sit, stand, stoop, bend, stretch and work in cramped, tiring, uncomfortable positions. Subject to high intensity and higher frequency sounds that impose a physical burden. May be required to lift and/or push heavy equipment and components weighing from 20 to 50 pounds and occasionally up to approximately 100 pounds.
Works inside and outside, in inclement weather; on icy, wet, and slippery ramps; aircraft surfaces and work stands; and in temperature and humidity extremes. Subject to dangers from exposure to toxic fumes, high pressure air and fluids, fast actuating metal aircraft surfaces; such as landing gears, speed brakes, missile doors and flaps, engine noise, heat blast, intake suction; rotating propellers; explosive munitions; electrical voltage cartridge actuating devices; liquid oxygen, fire or explosion of aircraft fuels, lubricants, paints, and solvents. Requires moderate to strenuous physical exertion when climbing, stooping, standing, bending, stretching, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
- #### Job family (Series)
8268 Aircraft Pneudraulic Systems Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
- Evidence of identity must be provided to comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL 99-603).
- Continued employment in this position is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the mandatory training specifically identified for the position.
- Individual selected must enroll in the Department of Defense Direct Deposit / Electronic Fund Transfer Pay Program.
- Loss of military membership will result in immediate loss of your full-time military technician position.
- Excepted Civil Service Technicians are required to maintain a MOS/AFSC and military grade that is determined by the NGB to be compatible with the assigned technician position.
- In order to achieve compatibility prior to effective date of personnel action, individual selected must be eligible for military assignment to a para/line number in one of the following AFSC 2A6X5.
- In order to qualify for above mentioned AFSC(s) you must comply with mandatory entry requirements contained in Air Force Manual AFMAN 36-2108, Enlisted Classification or AFMAN 36-2105, Officer Classification, as applicable.
- Individual selected for this position who is not qualified in one of the mentioned AFSC, MUST submit to HRO, before date of appointment, the correct military paperwork/application to attend the technical training school required to be AFSC Qualified.
- If selectee fails to process the school application and does not successfully graduate from the school, he/she will be terminated from the technician program for failure to meet the compatibility standards and receive a 30 days notice of separation.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act Lautenberg Amendment of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- National Guard Membership is required. Acceptance of the position constitutes concurrence to wear the appropriate military uniform.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation. Possess or be able to acquire a SECRET security clearance.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
You will lose consideration for the position if your application does not include all the information/documents requested on the vacancy announcement. The USAJOBS Resume must include a clear and detailed narrative description, in your own words, of how you met the required GENERAL and SPECIALIZED experience. Experiences copied from a position description, vacancy announcement or other reference material constitutes plagiarism and will disqualify you from the position.National Guard military (part-time) service is considered as full-time experience when evaluated against the qualification requirements. The applicant is credited with actual number of months the member has been in the National Guard provided such service is related to the position to be filled.
Experience or training which demonstrates your knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical principles; knowledge of troubleshooting procedures used to isolate malfunctions in aircraft pneudraulic systems; and ability to use technical manuals, equipment specifications, and test calibration procedures in performing the work.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE*:* Applicant must possess more than EIGHTEEN (18)months of specialized experience performing or supervising duties such as performing installation, modification, and/or repair of aircraft pneudraulic systems; determining proper maintenance and repair procedures; diagnoses recurring malfunctions and recommends corrective action; inspecting all components and subsystems for operation; modifying systems and their components; and performing organizational and field level maintenance.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Online USAJOBS Resume (mandatory) Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
- Online Questionnaire (mandatory).
- PRANG MBR Certification (mandatory for civilians, active duty Soldiers, prior service, guard members from another state, reservist, IRR, PR State Guard, etc.); (Not required for permanent employees or traditional soldiers of the Puerto Rico Air National Guard).
- Student transcript (if applicable).
- Additional documentation (if required in the vacancy announcement).
Additional information is available at our web site: local intranet address https://pr-arng-web/HROor outside Internet address http://www.pr.ngb.army.mil/hro.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10202597
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
PR 156th Airlift Wing Maintenance Squadron Muniz ANG Base Carolina, PR US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498357100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 05/02/2018 to 05/22/2018
Salary: $24.70 to $26.76 per hour
Pay scale & grade: WU 10
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent