Army National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (D1904000) in Fort Buchanan, Puerto Rico
PUERTO RICO NATIONAL GUARD ARMY TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
COLA: 3.48% Duty Location: JFHQ-PR, United States Property and Fiscal Office, Fort Buchanan, PR
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This position require military membership in the Puerto Rico Army National Guard (PRARNG). If you are not a military member of the PRARNG (i.e. Airman, civilian, active duty Soldier, prior service, guard member from another state, reservist, IRR, State Guard, etc.), you must contact the Recruiting and Retention (R&R;) Office at (787) 2891400 extension 2015 or 2008, and request the PRARNG Military Basic Requirements (MBR) Certification. If the MBR certification is not submitted, or you do not meet the requirements to be a member of the PRARNG, your application will not be screened. Certification and instructions to request it, are available at http://www.pr.ngb.army.mil/hro/
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: Area 1 = Permanent technicians Enlisted members currently employed in the Puerto Rico Army National Guard. Area 2 = Enlisted members of the Puerto Rico Army National Guard and personnel that meet all requirements to become a Soldier in the Puerto Rico Army National Guard. (This position requires Army National Guard membership).
First round consideration will be given to Area 1 Candidates. (Area 2 Candidates will be screened only in the event that there are no qualified or recommended Area 1 Candidates)
To prevent a grade inversion, military rank allowed for this position will be determined at the final evaluation of the vacancy announcement considering the military rank of the supervisor.
Acceptance of any military technician position may cause the termination of entitlements and eligibility for all military bonuses and student loan repayments. For further information you must contact the appropriate military Education Office.
Learn more about this agency
As a SUPPLY TECHNICIAN (D1940000), GS-2005-07, you will ensure property accountability and provide installation supply assistance and instruction to units and activities within the state.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Work is performed in an office environment generally sedentary. May be required to do lifting of 40 pounds or less if asked to be on a Physical Inventory Team.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:General duties are performed in an office environment. May work in conjunction with operations that use material handling equipment of in an area shipping and receiving property. Use of protective clothing or equipment may be required if handling solvents or working in a high noise level environment.
- #### Job family (Series)
2005 Supply Clerical And Technician
Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Incumbent is the primary focal point for Property Accountability for the United States Property and Fiscal Officer.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Continued employment in this position is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the mandatory training specifically identified for the position.
- Loss of military membership will result in immediate loss of your full-time military technician
- Excepted Civil Service Technicians are required to maintain a MOS/AFSC and military grade that is determined by the NGB to be compatible with the assigned technician position.
- Incumbent is the focal point for unit mobilization operations seeking needed assets and establishing proper authorization documents for mobilization
- During mobilization or demobilization operations may travel throughout the state or country assisting assigned units to identify and validate assets to being prepared or returned.
- Possess or be able to acquire a Puerto Rico driver's license/ Heavy Mobile driver's license.
- The applicant must possess or be able to obtain the appropiate security clearance of the position.
- Achieve compatibility prior to effective date of personnel action, individual selected must be eligible for military assignment to a paragraph and line number in one of the following: ECMF 91, EMOS: 25B, 36B, 51C, 88M/N, 89A/B, 92A/F/G/Y.
You will lose consideration for the position if your application does not include all the information/documents requested on the vacancy announcement. The USAJOBS Resume must include a clear and detailed narrative description, in your own words, of how you met the required GENERAL and SPECIALIZED experience. Experiences copied from a position description, vacancy announcement or other reference material constitutes plagiarism and will disqualify you from the position. National Guard military (part-time) service is considered as full-time experience when evaluated against the qualification requirements. The applicant is credited with actual number of months the member has been in the National Guard provided such service is related to the position to be filled.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE:Experience, education or training which demonstrates the candidate has administrative or clerical experience, education, or training which demonstrates the candidate's ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicant must possess more than TWENTY-FOUR (24) monthsof specialized experience performing or supervising duties such as implements provisions of personnel management such as equal employment, merit promotion, career development, performance appraisals, employee counseling, incentive awards and position management; reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting supply directives and procedures; formulating and recommending operating procedures to achieve optimum support to the logistics program on matters pertaining to property accountability; managing procedures to unit/activity representatives for implementation/update of property management Standard Army Management Information System (STAMIS); analyzing results of property book reconciliations; maintaining office logistical support program to ensure units/activities receive guidance and assistance required to correct problems and deficiencies; developing and providing data for property accountability of supported units/activities to the Supply Management Officer (SMO), Director of Logistics (DOL), United States Property and Fiscal Officer (USP&FO;) and the Readiness of a organization.
Study successfully completed in a college university, technical or vocational school may be substituted at the rate of one academic year of study (30 semester's hours or 20 classroom hours of instruction per week) for 6 months of specialized experience. Courses must be directly related to the work of the position. Copy of student transcripts or training certificates must be included in order to receive credit for education. Unofficial transcripts from internet or with alterations will not be considered. To receive credit for education the information must be included in the education section of the Resume.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Online USAJOBS Resume (mandatory)
- Online Questionnaire (mandatory).
- Student transcript (if applicable).
- Additional documentation (if required in the vacancy announcement).
Additional information is available at our web site: local intranet address https://pr-arng-web/HRO or outside Internet address http://www.pr.ngb.army.mil/hro
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10158775
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
PR United States Property and Fiscal Office Fort Buchanan Guaynabo, PR US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493374900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 03/12/2018 to 03/30/2018
Salary: $41,365 to $53,773 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 7
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent