Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Supervisor Therapeutic Radiologic Technologist in San Juan, Puerto Rico
**This is an OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. Qualification determinations will be done based on the applicant's resume/questionnaire/documents submitted for the position and a list of qualified candidates will be referred to Service.
*The first list of eligible applicants will be pulled for referral on May 31, 2018* .Subsequent referrals of qualified applicants will be referred on the last day of each month (Cutoff dates) or as need it.
**The vacancy announcement will remain open until closed, canceled or filled.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives:A relocation/recruitment incentive may be authorized for highly qualified candidates. In addition to the Annual Salary:**3.48% Cost Of Living Allowance.
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Status:Exempt.
Bargaining Unit Status:Not Covered.
As a Supervisory Therapeutic Radiologic Technologist (TRT), within the Radiation Oncology Section of the Radiology Service at San Juan VA Caribbean Healthcare System, you will function as a supervisor for a group of Therapeutic Radiation Therapists with full administrative and professional responsibility for planning and directing the work of TRTs and support staff in the medical center's Therapeutic Radiologic Technology program.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday rotating shifts between the hours of 6am-6pm Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Learn more about this agency
- Develop and update technical policy and procedure manuals.
- Develop and implement department and medical center guidelines and policies.
- Maintain timely records of equipment and/or use and its problems, competency of the technical staff, current technical protocols, radiation safety, and quality management for a tele-imaging network.
- Ensure all staff and affiliate staffs are in compliance with accrediting and regulating bodies.
- Adjust staffing levels or work procedures to accommodate resource allocation decisions made at the executive level.
- Provide for the budgeting and financial management of the radiation oncology service.
- Administratively supervise all therapists and clerical staff, direct technical operations, and make decisions concerning promotions, appointments, and performance.
- Serve as Contract Officer Representative for section area and maintain adequate supplies and equipment.
- Perform direct patient care to include receiving patients, explaining procedures, and obtaining radiation therapy images.
- Oversee Quality Improvement program, including supervision and training of therapists.
- Investigate new equipment options and plan for long term replacement.
- #### Job family (Series)
0648 Therapeutic Radiologic Technologist
- Radiologic Technologists
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
Basic Requirements: * United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. * Certification:All applicants must be certified in Therapeutic Radiologic Technology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) (T). YOU MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR CERTIFICATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION. * Experience or Education. Completion of a program in Therapeutic Radiologic Technology, evidenced by a certificate or an associate's degree, accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT); certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Radiology, and the subsequent completion of a 12-month JRCERT approved program in Therapeutic Radiologic Technology. JRCERT is the accrediting agency for the radiation therapy programs recognized by the US Department of Education. (1)Public Law 97-35 requires that persons who administer radiologic procedures meet the credentialing standards in 42 CFR Part 75.Essentially, they must have successfully completed an educational program that meets or exceeds the standards described in that regulation, and is accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education, and be certified (registered) as radiation therapists in their field. * English Language Proficiency:TRTs must be proficient in spoken and written English. Preferred Experience: Three (3) years of experience as a Supervisor Therapeutic Radiologic Technologist. Quality Ranking Factor:Basic knowledge in Spanish
Grade Determinations for Supervisory GS-12 TRT:At least 1 year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-11) that demonstrates the core competencies described at that level, and must fully meet the KSAs at that level; Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (GS-11 level): Ability to analyze organizational and operational problems and to develop and implement solutions that result in efficient section operation; Ability to evaluate quality management procedures and processes; Ability to analyze and use data effectively to manage workload, quality, performance, and productivity; Ability to develop new policies and guidelines as needed; and Skill in problem solving and conflict resolution.
In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following technical KSAs at the GS-12 level and demonstrate the potential to acquire the assignment specific KSAs designated by an asterisk (*):
a. Knowledge of systematic data collection; *b. Ability to balance staffing levels and work procedures within resources allocated; *c. Ability to coordinate staffing and work procedures with resources allowed; *d. Ability to evaluate and adjust resources when needed; *e. Knowledge of budget allocation and finances and ability to utilize resources and remain within allocated budget; and *f. Ability to manage and direct work of others to accomplish program goals.
Selected applicant will be required to summit a detail and comprehensive summary of each KSAO's.
References: VA Handbook 5005/22, Part II, Appendix G26, Therapeutic Radiologic Technologist Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:The work requires long periods of standing and walking. There is some bending and carrying of moderately heavy articles such as film cassettes, treatment devices, and molds with heavier lifting of wedges and specially designed shielding blocks. Patients often are assisted to achieve proper positioning, which may require reaching, lifting, or working in strained positions. The deterioration of the patient due to disease progression often requires lifting of the patient from stretchers or wheelchairs to treatment and examination tables utilizing special techniques designed to minimize the discomfort of the patient.
IMPORTANT:A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Veterans and Transitioning Service Members: Please visit the VA for Vets site for career-search tools for Veterans seeking employment at VA, career development services for our existing Veterans, and coaching and reintegration support for military service members.
If you are unable to apply online view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.Your application, résumé, C.V., and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.
NOTE: The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidate's education and experience and recommend the grade and salary at which the candidate will be placed. For internal selectees eligible for promotion, the board will determine grade and HR will determine step in accordance with policy.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- CV or Resume. use the MM/DD/YY format and include hours worked per week for part time and full time work. (Please Note: that providing Resume or CV does not substitute application below which is required if it applies to you). (Required)
- Occupational Questionnaire. (Required)https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10188788
- ARRT (T) certification (Required) The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, documentation to support Veterans Preference or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees).
- VA Form 10-2850cApplication for Associated Health Occupations can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/searchaction.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey;=&Action;=Search. Only required if selected for the position.
- Copy of Transcript(s)and/or diploma and/or certification of degree, license registration and/or certification. You must submit evidence of ALL staggered credentials obtained in order to evidence you meet qualifications for this occupation. Only required if selected for the position.
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214 or proof of service (required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdffill/SF15.pdf).
- If you are a current or former federal employee, you must submit your most recent SF-50(Notification of Personnel Action) that shows your position information, including tenure, type of appointment (competitive/excepted), grade and step. DO NOT submit award SF-50s, as they do not contain the information required to assess eligibility. You may need to submit additional SF-50s to prove your eligibility (i.e. Original Appointment, Promotion, Within Grade Increase, and/or Resignation SF-50). Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), 10pt (CP/CPS/XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP) in the questionnaire. You must provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) which shows dates and character of service (honorable, general, etc.). If you are currently serving on active duty and expect to be released or discharged within 120 days you must submit documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), and dates of impending separation. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veteran Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. Documentation is required to award preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
All applicants are encouraged to apply online. To apply for this position, you must complete the full questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 11/02/2018 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USA JOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click Submit My Answers to submit your application package.
NOTE: It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USA JOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. To return to an incomplete application, log into your USA JOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USA JOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
Agency contact information
San Juan VA Medical Center 10 Calle Casia San Juan, PR US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USA Jobs account and clicking on Applications. Information regarding your application status can be found in the USAJobs Help Center.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/498612000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 05/03/2018 to 11/02/2018
Salary: $87,895 to $114,264 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent